Hiring and firing are hard to get right—and potentially costly to get wrong. Two of the most crucial tasks you face as a manager, they are vital to both the success of the enterprise and your own career—but no need to worry. This handy guide breaks down the simple but powerful strategies you can use to bring better employees onboard—and weed out the weaker ones.
Featuring techniques that business expert Brian Tracy has identified as the most effective and that he himself employs, Hiring and Firing reveals how you can:
- write appealing and accurate job descriptions,
- find suitable candidates,
- use the law of three when interviewing,
- ask the right questions,
- probe past performance,
- listen for the questions that indicate interviewees are qualified and serious,
- dig deep when checking references,
- negotiate salary,
- start new employees off strong,
- provide clear direction and regular feedback,
- document performance problems,
- dehire gracefully, and
- create an appropriate severance package.
Hiring and firing are key to improving your team and reaching your goals. This indispensable little book will help you eliminate the guesswork and make the best decisions for your business. Download and start listening now!