Before you were told
to “lean in,” Dr. Lois Frankel told you how to get that corner office
The New York Times
bestseller, which for ten years has been a must-have for women in business, is
now completely revised and updated. In this new edition, internationally
recognized executive coach Lois P. Frankel reveals a distinctive set of
behaviors—over 130 in all—that women learn in girlhood that ultimately sabotage
them as adults. She teaches you how to eliminate these unconscious mistakes
that could be holding you back and offers invaluable coaching tips that can
easily be incorporated into your social and business skills. The results for
hundreds of thousands of women have been career opportunities they never
thought possible—at every stage of their career, from entry-level to the corner
office! Stop making “nice girl” errors that can become career pitfalls, such
• Mistake #13: Avoiding office politics. If you don’t play
the game, you can’t possibly win. Download and start listening now!
• Mistake #21: Multitasking. Just because you can do something, doesn’t mean
you should do it.
• Mistake #54: Failure to negotiate. Don’t equate negotiation with
• Mistake #70: Inappropriate use of social media. Once it’s out there, it’s
hard to put the toothpaste back in the tube.
• Mistake #82: Asking permission. Children, not adults, ask for approval. Be
direct, be confident.