Have you ever felt invisible? Taken advantage of? Reluctant (or unable) to articulate what you really want? If so, join the club—the nice girls club. Nice girls—that’s right, girls—are those who are more concerned with pleasing others than with addressing their own needs and who haven’t yet learned how to overcome the childhood messages and cultural stereotypes that are keeping them from getting their voices heard, their needs met, and the lives they want.
This audiobook will turn those nice girls into winning women. That is, women who factor their own needs in with those of others, confront those who treat them disrespectfully, maintain healthy and mutually beneficial relationships with appropriate boundaries, and, as a result, are happier and more successful in every area of their lives.
Presented in the straightforward, digestible format that helped make Nice Girls Don’t Get the Corner Office an instant hit, Frankel and Frohlinger outline seven practical strategies and ninety-nine supporting tactics that every winning woman should know. By the time you’ve finished digesting this audiobook, you’ll be able to
- get your husband to do his half of the household chores—without being made to feel like a nag (or any other unflattering term typically used to describe an assertive woman);
- stop overextending yourself by taking on all the unpleasant tasks no one on your volunteer board or your team at work will go near;
- win an argument with your mother-in-law about who will be hosting Christmas dinner;
- have the courage to send back a meal that isn’t prepared the way you’d ordered it;
- confront a colleague who is shirking responsibility or taking credit for your work;
- convince a salesperson to reduce a fee, waive a surcharge, or honor a store credit;
- question your doctor’s course or treatment or request a second opinion instead of simply going along in order to be a “good” patient;
- firmly but politely bow out of an extravagant vacation to celebrate a friend’s birthday that you simply can’t afford—without feeling guilty about it; and
- so much more.
A must-listen for anyone who has ever felt taken advantage of by a friend or family member, unappreciated by a spouse or partner, or exploited by a vindictive neighbor or coworker, Nice Girls Just Don’t Get It offers women the indispensable knowledge and skills to get the things they want, the respect they’ve earned, and the success they deserve. Download and start listening now!