More people than ever are eating a whole-food, plant-based diet. Studies show that it is better for our bodies and better for the planet, but it isn’t always easy.
Let A Plant-Based Life be your guide. Whether you’re taking your first steps on this path to wellness or recommitting yourself to success, author Micaela Cook Karlsen clearly maps the way. Her program enables you to set your own pace and stay the course—without relying on willpower. Drawing on personal experience and the latest research, she reveals how to:
- Find and sustain your motivation;
- Gradually add more whole plant foods into your diet, crowding out less nutritious fare;
- Break old food addictions and establish new habits;
- Translate favorite recipes to create delicious, nourishing meals;
- Feshape your food environment—at home, at work, and on the go—to make healthy eating a no-brainer; and
- Cultivate relationships that celebrate and support your new lifestyle.
Especially valuable are directions for navigating road blocks. Here you’ll find strategies for getting family members on board and for allaying friends’ concerns about your food choices with evidence-based nutrition information. Take advantage of shopping tips, pantry lists, menu plans, and more than a hundred mouthwatering recipes, with contributions from plant-based leaders.
If your goal is a healthier, more energized, and exuberant life, make this book your personal GPS—the journey will be more satisfying than you ever imagined. Download and start listening now!