From the moment a mother holds her newborn son, his eyes tell her that she is his world. But often, as he grows up, the boy who needs her simultaneously pushes her away. Calling upon thirty years of experience as a pediatrician, Meg Meeker, MD, a highly sought-after national speaker, assistant professor of clinical medicine, and mother of four, shares the secrets that every mother needs to know in order to strengthen—or rebuild—her relationship with her son. Boys today face unique challenges and pressures, and the burden on mothers to guide their boys through them can feel overwhelming. This empowering book offers a road map to help mothers find the strength and confidence to raise extraordinary sons by providing encouragement, education, and practical advice about
When a mother holds her baby boy for the first time, she also instinctively knows something else: If she does her job right and raises her son with self-esteem, support, and wisdom, he will become the man she knows he was meant to be.
- the need for mothers to exercise courage and be bolder and more confident about advising and directing their boys
- the crucial role mothers play in expressing love to sons in healthy ways so they learn to respect and appreciate women as they grow up
- the importance of teaching sons about the values of hard work, community service, and a well-developed inner life
- the natural traps mothers of boys often fall into—and how to avoid them
- the need for a mother to heal her own wounds with the men in her life so she can raise her son without baggage and limitations
- the best ways to survive the moments when the going gets tough and a mom's natural ways of communicating—talking, analyzing, exploring—only fuel the fire
Download and start listening now!
“Marguerite Gavin’s firm voice and flawless understanding of these ideas
give this production enormous appeal and validity. Her empathy for her
audience is palpable and will encourage mothers to learn about their
awesome power without provoking guilt or overwhelming them.”
About Meg Meeker
Meg Meeker, MD, has spent more than thirty years practicing pediatric and adolescent medicine and counseling teens and parents. She is a fellow at the American Academy of Pediatrics and serves on the Advisory Board of the Medical Institute. A popular speaker and author, she works with the NFL Fatherhood Initiative and is a co-host of Dr. James Dobson’s program Family Talk.
About Marguerite Gavin
Marguerite Gavin is a seasoned theater veteran, a five-time nominee for the prestigious Audie Award, and the winner of numerous AudioFile Earphones and Publishers Weekly awards. She has been an actor, director, and audiobook narrator for her entire professional career. With over four hundred titles to her credit, her narration spans nearly every genre, from nonfiction to mystery, science fiction, fantasy, romance, and children’s fiction. AudioFile magazine says, “Marguerite Gavin…has a sonorous voice, rich and full of emotion.”