Two leaders in executive education at Harvard Business School present the mental habits and proven strategies you need to achieve outstanding results in any negotiation.
Whether you’ve “seen it all” or are just starting out, Negotiation Genius will dramatically improve your negotiating skills and confidence. Drawing on decades of behavioral research and the experience of thousands of business clients, the authors take the mystery out of preparing for and executing negotiations—whether they involve multimillion-dollar deals or improving your next salary offer.
What sets negotiation geniuses apart? They are the men and women who know how to
- identify negotiation opportunities where others see no room for discussion;
- discover the truth even when the other side wants to conceal it;
- negotiate successfully from a position of weakness;
- defuse threats, ultimatums, lies, and other hardball tactics;
- overcome resistance and “sell” proposals using proven influence tactics;
- negotiate ethically and create trusting relationships—along with great deals;
- recognize when the best move is to walk away; and
- much, much more.
This book gets “down and dirty.” It gives you detailed strategies—including talking points—that work in the real world even when the other side is hostile, unethical, or more powerful. When you finish it, you will already have an action plan for your next negotiation, you will know what to do and why, and you will begin building your own reputation as a negotiation genius. Download and start listening now!