Following a unique format perfect for today’s world, the renowned author of The Dance of Anger gives us more than one hundred rules that cover all the hot spots in long-term relationships. It’s a go-to guide brimming with Lerner’s signature clarity, wit, and warmth.
Couples today operate in a time famine. One or both parties are likely to be hit by one stress after another, and marriage is the first thing to suffer. Here are memorable, easy-to-grasp rules to remind listeners of their own good common sense—or to help them get off automatic pilot and do something different.
Marriage Rules offers new solutions to age-old problems (“He won’t talk” or “She doesn’t want sex”) as well as modern ones (your partner’s relationship with technology).
You’ll also learn how to:
- calm things down and warm them up,
- talk straight and fight fair,
- listen well as a spiritual practice,
- get a grip on intensity and “over talking,”
- connect with a distant partner,
- survive the unique challenges of children, stepchildren, and difficult in-laws,
- follow a twelve-step program to overcome defensiveness,
- know how and when to draw the line,
- and take back your marriage when things fall apart.
So here it is, a treasure chest of lively, practical advice to help you navigate your relationship with clarity, courage, and joyous conviction.
Download and start listening now!