The control-freak, the narcissist, the slacker, the cynic. Difficult people are the worst part of a manager’s job.
Whether it comes from direct reports or people above, outbursts, irrational demands, griping, and other disruptions need to be dealt with—and it’s your responsibility to do it. Leading the Unleadable turns this dreaded chore into a straight forward process that gently, yet effectively, improves behaviors. Written by an insider in the tech industry, where personality issues routinely wreck projects, the book reveals a core truth: most people actually want to contribute results, not cause headaches.
Once you realize the potential for change, the book’s simple steps, examples, and scripts explain how to right even the most hopeless situations. You’ll learn how to:
Download and start listening now!
- Master the necessary mindset
- Explain the problem calmly in a short feedback session
- Get a commitment to change, and follow up
- Coach others to replicate the process
- Develop the situational awareness required to spot trouble even earlier in the future
Every manager has “problem people.” What sets great managers apart is how they turn them into productive team players. Prepare to transform the troublesome into the tremendous.