“But what about
“Is it possible to go one day without dealing with the survivor’s issues?”
“Will we ever make love again?”
“Will the survivor love me in the end?”
“How do I know if I should throw in the towel?”
Based on in-depth interviews and her workshops for partners across the
country, Laura Davis offers practical advice and encouragement to all
partners—girlfriends, boyfriends, spouses, and lovers—trying to support the
survivors in their lives while tending to their own needs along the way. She
shows couples how to deepen compassion, improve communication, and develop an
understanding of healing as a shared activity. Addressing partners’ most
important questions, Allies in Healing covers:
– The Basics—answers
common questions about sexual abuse.
Download and start listening now!
– Allies in Healing—introduces key concepts of working and growing
– My Needs and Feelings—teaches partners to recognize, value, and
express their own needs.
– Dealing with Crisis—includes strategies for handling suicidal
feelings, regression, and hopelessness.
– Intimacy and Communication—offers practical advice on dealing with
distancing, control, trust, and fighting.
– Sex—provides guidelines for coping with flashbacks, lack of desire,
differences in sexual needs, and frustration.
– Family Issues—suggests a range of ideas for interacting with the
– Partners’ Stories—explores the struggles, triumphs, and courage of