Hosts and listeners select their favorite stories from the National Public Radio archives, celebrating life, love, hopeand cookies.
This eclectic collection gathers all-time “driveway moment” favorites, including some suggested by listeners themselves.
These literate, intelligent, profoundly touching stories are worth hearing over and over again, and now you don’t have to stay in your car.
What is a Driveway MomentSM? Maybe it’s happened to you as it has to countless others. . . . You’re driving home, listening to a story on NPR. Suddenly, you find yourself in your driveway (or parking space or parking garage). Rather than turn the radio off, you stay in your car to hear the piece to the end. It’s a Driveway Moment.
The NPR Driveway Moments Series collects these “best of” stories so that you are never more than a “play” away from a Driveway Moment.
Download and start listening now!
- Introduction by Renée Montagne
- A Daughter’s Dance Brings Dad Joy
- Robert Krulwich and the 5-Dollar Bill
- Complexities of Modern Love in the Digital Age
- Kathy Griffin’s Life: All D-List, Even This Interview
- Murals Depict Power of Law and Justice
- Former KKK Member Converts to Judaism
- Growing Up, Aging Out: The End of Foster Care
- This I Believe: Stray Cat Interrupts Tough Prison Culture
- Sarajevo Pets
- On September 11, Paper Memories Fell From Sky
- Breaking the Color Barrier
- StoryCorps: Launching a Life with $10 and a Dream
- Cookie Monster Visits NPR
- A Great Rescue in Heavy Traffic
- StoryCorps: Andes Or Bust: An In-Flight Wardrobe Malfunction
- William Wegman’s Weimaraners
- A Big Ballgame for a Small Town
- Heartbreaking Reports from a Devastated City
- Re-creating Afghanistan: Returning to Istalif