In this innovative book, Dr. Temple Grandin gets down to the real issues of autism, the ones parents, teachers, and individuals on the spectrum face every day. Temple offers helpful do’s and don’ts, practical strategies, and try-it-now tips, all based on her “insider” perspective and a great deal of research. These are just some of the specific topics Temple delves into:
• How and why people with autism think differently Download and start listening now!
• Economical early intervention programs that work
• How sensory sensitivities affect learning
• Behaviors caused by a disability vs. just bad behaviors
• Teaching people with autism to live in an unpredictable world
• Alternative medicine vs. conventional medicine
• Employment ideas for adults with autism