The world of high-performance athletics is changing
forever. Not so long ago, you could compete at the top level with hard work and
a good coach, but today, it’s impossible to separate the achievements of
athletes from the scientists who support them.
In Faster, Higher, Stronger, veteran
journalist Mark McClusky brings readers behind the scenes with a new generation
of athletes, coaches, and scientists whose accomplishments are changing our
understanding of human physical achievement and completely redefining the
limits of the human body. At the exciting new frontier of sports, science, and
technology, the book explores
- the role that genes and training play;
- how to find hidden champions and fast-track greatness;
- the truth about the ten-thousand–hours rule;
- new research on breaking through fatigue;
- revolutions in data and nutrition; and
- how we can apply the lessons about focus,
dedication, and sheer ingenuity in our own lives.
Brimming with cutting-edge science and gripping
anecdotes, Faster, Higher, Stronger is a fascinating, exhilarating look
at how far we can push the boundaries of our bodies and minds. Download and start listening now!