The #1 bestselling
author and popular radio and television host Glenn Beck considers the
hot-button issue of education in the US, exposing the weaknesses of the
Common Core school curriculum and examining why liberal solutions fail.
education is never mentioned in the constitution. Why? Because our
founders knew that it was an issue for state and local governments—not
the federal one.
It’s not a coincidence that the more the federal
government has inserted itself into public education over the years,
the worse our kids have fared. Washington dangles millions of dollars in
front of states and then tells them what they have to do to get it.
It’s backdoor nationalization of education—and it’s leading us to ruin.
Glenn Beck presents a well-reasoned, fact-based analysis that proves
it’s not more money our schools need—it’s a complete refocusing of their
priorities and a total restructuring of their relationship with the
federal government. In the process, he dismantles many of the common
myths and talking points that are often heard by those who want to
protect the status quo:
- Critics of the current system are just teacher bashers
- Teachers’ unions put kids first
- Homeschooled kids suffer both academically and socially
- Local control is an excuse to protect mediocrity
- Common Core is rigorous and state led
- Critics of Common Core are just conspiracy theorists
- Elementary school teachers need tenure
- We can’t reform schools until we eradicate poverty
- School choice takes money away from public schools
- Charter schools perform poorly relative to public schools
is no issue more important to America’s future than education. The fact
that we’ve yielded control over it to powerful unions and ideologically
driven elitists is inexcusable. We are failing ourselves, our children,
and our country. Conform gives parents the facts they need to
take back the debate and help usher in a new era of education built
around the commonsense principles of choice, freedom, and
accountability. Download and start listening now!