Success starts with a simple act: doing something new. It can be starting a new job or school or moving to a new neighborhood. It can be meeting a prospective client or attending a networking event. To achieve anything in life, you have to put yourself out there, meet new people, and try new things. But sometimes we freeze. Awkwardness, worry, and reluctance keep us stuck in our boxes. If we learn to conquer these natural anxieties, we can confidently seize life’s opportunities.
In What to Do When You’re New, Keith Rollag distills the work of leading scientists and his own original research into a groundbreaking formula for success. You’ll learn not only why we feel so uneasy in new situations, but what you can do to become a more comfortable and effective newcomer. With practice, anyone can get better at being new. Strategies, tools, and exercises help you:
Download and start listening now!
- confidently introduce yourself to strangers;
- make great first impressions;
- consistently remember names;
- quickly get up to speed in any situation;
- boldly ask questions;
- effortlessly start new relationships;
- fearlessly perform new roles and tasks; and
- live life to its fullest, and find success wherever you go!