Tripping the Prom Queen is a groundbreaking investigation into the dark secret of female friendship: rivalry.
Shapiro Barash has exploded the myth that women help one another, are
supportive of one another, and want each other to succeed. Based on
interviews with women across a broad social spectrum, she has discovered
that the competition between women is more vicious precisely because it
is covert. She tells us:
- Why women can’t and won’t admit to rivalry.
- How women are trained from an early age to compete with one another.
- In which areas women most heatedly compete.
- How rivalry is different among women than among men.
- The differences between competition, envy, and jealousy.
- When competition is healthy and when it isn’t.
- Why women find it irresistible to “trip the prom queen.”
- Useful strategies to stop the competition and forge a new kind of relationship with other women.
you’ve tripped the prom queen or been tripped yourself, you will
discover an engrossing exploration of this female phenomenon, as well as
a beacon of hope for better, more fulfilling relationships. Download and start listening now!