This Series, in seven parts, tells the story of America from the earliest founding through the days of Woodrow Wilson and The Great War (World War I). In Part 1, you'll hear stories of the exciting adventures of the explorers and pioneers, like Columbus and Cabot, who faced daunting trials to find the New World.
1. How the Vikings of Old Sought and Found New Lands
2. The Sea of Darkness and the Great Faith of Columbus
3. How Columbus Fared Forth Upon the Sea of Darkness and came to Pleasant Lands Beyond
4. How Columbus Returned in Triumph
5. How America Was Named
6. How the Flag of England Was Planted on the Shores of the New World
7. How the Flag of France was Planted in Florida
8. How the French Founded a Colony in Florida
9. How the Spaniards Drove the French Out of Florida
10. How a Frenchman Avenged the Death of His Countrymen
11. The Adventures of Sir Humphrey Gilbert
12. About Sir Walter Raleigh's Adventures in the Golden West
Henrietta Elizabeth Marshall (1867 1941) was a British author, most famous for her works of history for children.
For decades, Marshall's books were ubiquitous in schools and home libraries. Much of the popularity of her works stems from her talent for making history read like good storytelling. Download and start listening now!