Critical thinking is the essential tool for ensuring that students fulfill their promise. But, in reality, critical thinking is still a luxury good, and students with the greatest potential are too often challenged the least. Thinking Like a Lawyer:
● Introduces a powerful but practical framework to close the critical thinking gap.
● Gives teachers the tools and knowledge to teach critical thinking to all students.
● Helps students adopt the skills, habits, and mindsets of lawyers.
● Empowers students to tackle twenty-first-century problems.
● Teaches students how to compete in a rapidly changing global marketplace.
Colin Seale, a teacher-turned-attorney-turned-education-innovator and founder of thinkLaw, uses his unique experience to introduce a wide variety of concrete instructional strategies and examples that teachers can use in all grade levels and subject areas. Individual chapters address underachievement, the value of nuance, evidence-based reasoning, social-emotional learning, equitable education, and leveraging families to close the critical thinking gap.
Download and start listening now!