Reputation is power.
Your reputation defines how people see you and what they will do for you. It determines whether your bank will lend you money to buy a house or car; whether your landlord will accept you as a tenant; and which employers will hire you and how much they will pay you. It can even affect your marriage prospects.
In the coming Reputation Economy, your reputation is getting more powerful than ever. Today, thanks to rapid advances in digital technology, anyone can access huge troves of information about you—your buying habits, your finances, your professional and personal networks, and even your physical whereabouts—at any time. In a world where technology allows companies and individuals alike to not only gather all this data but also aggregate it and analyze it with frightening speed, accuracy, and sophistication, our digital reputations are fast becoming our most valuable currency.
In The Reputation Economy, Michael Fertik, CEO of Reputation.com and one of Silicon Valley’s leading futurists, draws on the insider tools, insights, research, and secrets that have made Reputation.com the world’s leading reputation management firm. He shows how to capitalize on the trends that the Reputation Economy will trigger in order to improve your professional, financial, and even your social prospects.
You will learn
- what keywords to put in your résumé, performance review, and LinkedIn profile to come up at the top of potential employers’ search results;
- how to curate your online and offline activity in ways that will reduce the premiums calculated by insurers, lenders, and investors;
- tricks that will lead to express or VIP treatment at banks, hotels, and other exclusive special offers;
- ways to improve your review or rating on sharing or peer review sites like Yelp or Angie’s List, or your standing—as a buyer or seller—on sharing economy sites like AirBnB or Uber; and
- how to create false tails and digital smokescreens to hide the negative information that’s out there.
With a good digital footprint, the world is your oyster. This audiobook will show you how to control, curate, and optimize your digital reputation to become “rich” in a world where your reputation is as valuable as the cash in your wallet. Download and start listening now!