Are you ready for the leadership moment? Learn valuable lessons from the stories of:
● Merck's Roy Vagelos, who commits millions of dollars to develop a drug needed only by people who can't afford it
● Eugene Kranz, who struggles to bring the Apollo 13 astronauts home after an explosion rips through their spacecraft
● Arlene Blum, who organizes the first women's ascent of one of the world's most dangerous mountains
● Nancy Barry, who leads Women's World Banking in the fight against Third World poverty
● Wagner Dodge, who faces the decision of a lifetime as a fast-moving forest fire overtakes his firefighting crew
● And more
Download and start listening now!
About Michael Useem
Michael Useem is
the William and Jacalyn Egan Professor of Management and director of the Center
for Leadership and Change Management at the Wharton School. He holds a PhD from
Harvard, and his research has focused on leadership, decision making,
governance, and corporate change. He has presented leadership development
programs in India, China, and elsewhere, and with Harbir Singh and Jitendra
Singh has offered an annual program on corporate governance in Mumbai.
About the Narrators
Walter Dixon is a broadcast media veteran of more than twenty years’ experience with a background in theater and performing arts and voice work for commercials. After a career in public radio, he is now a full-time narrator with more than fifty audiobooks recorded in genres ranging from religion and politics to children’s stories.
Suzie Althens records from her professional studio in Alaska, near the beautiful Matanuska Glacier. She narrates regularly for major publishers and specializes in audiobooks and e-learning. Suzie is enthusiastic about narrating nonfiction as it provides opportunities to share amazing memoirs, medical discoveries, and inspiration, but she also enjoys mysteries and women’s fiction.