Written by musician/entrepreneur Dave Stewart and branding expert Mark Simmons, The Business Playground offers a revealing look at what creativity is and how to apply it in business through an inspiring mix of scientific studies, anecdotes, high-profile interviews, and thought-provoking games that you can play alone or with your co-workers.
The Business Playground is not your average business book. Former Eurythmics band member Dave Stewart turns on his rock-and-roll charm with personal, inspirational stories from his own career as well as interviews with such innovative and influential thinkers as Mick Jagger, Microsoft's Paul Allen, and Twitter's Evan Williams. The legendary Sir Richard Branson makes a guest appearance as the author of the book's foreword, in which he sets the tone for this quirky, fun, emminently useful guide to creative business thinking.
Whether you're running a one-man show or heading up a multinational corporation, you'll discover new techniques for finding and harnessing your creative abilities and putting them to work for your business in this entertaining book. The Business Playground includes real-world examples of innovation in action, as well as substantial and practical techniques that you can use immediately to aid in creative thinking and problem solving. Play the games at the end of each chapter and you'll learn how to:
Download and start listening now!
- Ask the right questions so you can find the right answers
- Rediscover, train, and utilize your innate creative abilities
- Conduct the perfect brainstorm - yes, such a thing really does exist
- Create a work culture that's conducive to creativity
- Help people collaborate with others within and outside of the organization
- Kill ideas that aren't working before they waste too much time and too many resources