The first and second editions of Repacking Your Bags helped people develop their own unique vision of the good life and take practical steps at home and at work to make sense of their lives and live in an authentically meaningful way. Written as a travel guide it helped people put together a “trip checklist” that provided the elements of the good life: work, love, place, and purpose.
But Leider and Shapiro came to realize that repacking is not something we do once or twice in reaction to a sense of disillusionment or frustration in our lives. Developing one’s own vision of the good life is a matter of constant and evolving choice, as the inevitable shifts and surprises life has to offer continually unfold before us. With each step along the way, it remains necessary to re-examine what has brought us here, to continue asking ourselves if the choices that have sustained us so far are continuing to do so—or if they’re just weighing us down.
This edition has been thoroughly revised to make it applicable for listeners today. The changes include:
Download and start listening now!
- Refocused message on the new life and work realities and the survival skills required to succeed;
- More practices and experiences for “lightening your load”;
- Fresh new stories of “people just like me,” the listener;
- A new “Repacking Journal”;
- Addition of Leider’s immensely popular Calling Cards exercise for discovering your gifts, passions, and values, with access to a Calling Cards online profile.