More than half of all Americans suffer from one or more phobias at some time during their lives. This book draws upon the extraordinary wealth of current scientific and clinical research on phobias, including Dr. Gardner’s own experiences with patients, to answer six pressing questions for anyone who suffers from phobias and for the friends and relatives of such sufferers:
• What is a phobia? What are its typical symptoms? How do I know if I have a phobia?
• What causes phobias? Are they inherited or learned?
• Who is vulnerable to phobias? Do phobias indicate mental illness?
• How can phobias be diagnosed, managed, and overcome? What therapies have proven most successful in treating phobias?
• What can I learn about my specific phobia? Does it have a name? Do others suffer from it?
• What resources are available to help me overcome my phobias or help a friend with phobias?
This audiobook is a hands-on guide to recovery from the bondage of phobias. The material contained within will guide listeners toward the help they need in understanding and overcoming phobias.
Download and start listening now!