A witty guide to
managing a real life wisely in a work-centered world.
What do your colleagues, overlords, underlings, clients, and
customers have in common? Not knowing how much they annoy you. Not to mention
how much you may be annoying them. The route from cubicle to corner office is
strewn with etiquette landmines. And now that the boundaries that once cleanly
separated work from personal life are blurred, even polite people don’t
recognize the difference between professional and social manners.
• What do you say to a colleague who has just been fired?
• How do you maintain a family-friendly office without discriminating against
• What’s the difference between showing romantic interest and sexual
• Which colleagues should be invited to family weddings?
• When should you be unavailable, at or away from work?
Don’t convene a focus group or appeal to human resources—consult
With wit and wisdom, Miss Manners restores civility, guiding
you around your coworker’s messy cubicle, past your overly prying boss, around
the bridal shower for the new temp, and through tedious staff meetings.
In Miss Manners Minds
Your Business, Judith Martin and her son, executive Nicholas Ivor Martin,
equip readers with the practical, pertinent, and utterly correct advice
necessary to win the job, keep the job, and leave the job with sanity and
dignity intact. Download and start listening now!