Do you get stressed out behind the steering wheel? Would you like to transform your drive time into an opportunity to cultivate tranquility and calm? Dip into this selection of 10-minute mindfulness techniques and find the ones that best suit you.
- Introduction: the hows and whys of in-car meditating. Time-honoured techniques to enhance your physical and mental well-being behind the wheel. Body awareness and relaxation while driving Improve your posture and enjoy alert relaxation.
- Mindfulness of breathing: Wherever on the road you are, come home to yourself through your breath.
- Being in the moment: How to use mindfulness of the senses to make driving interesting again.
- Sharing the love: Reprising an ancient technique to exhale stress and cultivate equanimity.
- Calmer and calmer with every breath: A visualisation device to cultivate inner peace.
- Why annoying motorists are better than friends: An analytical meditation that will make you look forward to your next motoring frustration!
David Michie is the best-selling author of Buddhism for Busy People, Hurry Up and Meditate, and Enlightenment to Go. Download and start listening now!