Too sensitive for your own good? There are many reasons why certain people - some figures suggest 10 percent of the population - have a thinner skin than others, including hereditary factors, upbringing, and a more than usually sensitive nervous system. Whatever the reason, the over-sensitive person often has a hard time of it, being easily hurt, unable to say no, more prone to stress than average - and likely to have vivid dreams and nightmares.
This book shows how to make sensitivity work for you rather than against you. There are many advantages to being a sensitive, such as increased empathy, imagination, and understanding of people. However, over-sensitive people may need to work at self-esteem and confidence harder than usual, or in different ways. This book looks at how such people can accept themselves on their terms, rather than those of the outside world.
Topics covered include
Download and start listening now!
- Regaining a sense of control;
- Confidence-boosting tips (adapted for the very sensitive!);
- Coping with stimulus (the sensitive person may need far less than average);
- Mood swings, and how to handle them;
- The importance of time alone;
- Relaxation and meditation techniques, plus other physical and mental tips; and
- Anxiety, depression, and obsessive states.