Louis L'Amour (1908-1988) is a world-renowned novelist and short-story writer noted primarily for his stories of the Western frontier. L'Amour was born in Jamestown, North Dakota, and led an active, world-roaming life as, among other things, a seaman, longshoreman, rancher, miner, lumberjack, and boxer before focusing on writing after World War II. L'Amour was awarded both the Congressional Gold Medal and the Medal of Freedom and is one of America's best-selling fiction authors.
Louis L'Amour Collection Three includes, in order:
Download and start listening now!
- Trap of Gold (22 minutes). Wetherton discovers a rich vein of gold ore, but every rock he removes increases the chance that the unstable tower of rock will collapse on him.
- Four Card Draw (48 minutes). Allen Ring wins a ranch in a poker game, but a tally book that may be hidden on the ranch threatens to ignite a range war.
- Riding On (29 minutes). Reb Ferrell is accused of rustling by his boss and fired after Reb appears to have shot his father by mistake.
- More Brains Than Bullets (41 minutes). Ranger Chick Bowdrie investigates the robbery of the Maravillas Bank and two related murders.
- Trail to Pie Town (35 minutes). Dusty Barron discovers a teenage girl and a boy traveling in the desert whose father has died.
- Pogonip Trail (38 minutes). Jeff Kurland risks his life to save an outlaw freezing to death in a mountain cave.
- Chick Bowdrie Passes Through (37 minutes). The Texas Ranger acts as defense attorney for a man accused of poisoning his neighbor's horse.