TENS therapy is one of the most widely accepted methods for easing chronic pain among other kinds of pain and discomfort. TENS units are recommended by everyone from chiropractors to physical therapists and are used by athletes, people recovering from surgery, people that suffer from chronic pain, and much more.
In How to Use a TENS Machine to Relieve Pain & Buying Tips, we'll look at:
- How Do TENS Machines Work
- Where NOT to Use These Machines
- How to Use a TENS Machine
- Benefits of Using TENS Machine
- Use of TENS Machine in Alleviating Dental Pain
- TENS Machine in Treatment of Osteoarthritis
- Using TENS Machine for Treating Neck Pain
- Using TENS Machine to Treat Labor Pain
- Portable TENS Machines for Greater Convenience
- What is the Gate Control Theory?
- The Factors That Affect Patient Tolerance Levels
- Choosing the Right TENS Machine Can Prove to Be Challenging
Take a look at this excerpt from How to Use a TENS Machine to Relieve Pain & Buying Tips:
TENS is the abbreviation for Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulator and is used to relieve chronic pain. It is widely believed that TENS machine can help ease pain through the small electrical impulses they deliver to the body through the many electrodes placed on the skin surface. The TENS machine is popular among those effected by pain and is a trusted and accepted way to get relief from the condition.
The term Transcutaneous means via the skin and that is exactly the way the TENS machine works. They deliver electrical impulses through the skin with the aid of electrodes attached to the machine. According to medical science, pain signals reach the brain through the nerves and that is how people are able to feel the dull sensation of pain. The TENS machine are designed to interrupt the path of these pain signals and prevents it from reaching the brain cells. ... Download and start listening now!