In the two hour audio public radio documentary, husband and wife Joe Bevilacqua (Joe Bev) and Lorie Kellogg explore the rural byways within four miles of their home in the foothills of the Catskill Mountains of New York State, and find local business owners working to promote healthy lifestyles that have a national impact.
1. Seldon Lublin has traveled the world, hitchhiked across the country, met Jack Kerouac and Allen Ginsberg, and recently retired from his successful psychotherapy practice in New York City.
2. Dick and Pat Peters, owners of Peter's Market, in Napanoch, NY, on their journey to becoming a healthy alternative market.
3. John Hiller and Carol Debberman, makers of vegetarian Sunshine Burgers, in Ellenville, NY, sold at Peter's Market and in markets across the country.
4. A collage of water sounds recorded in the Catskills.
5. Oleh and Nadia Maczaj, and their children - They are the owners of Rusty Plough Farm, a small family farm, growing certified organic vegetables, flowers and berries, as well as eggs from our free-range hens. Our farm is located in Ulster County, NY, nestled between the Shawangunk Mountains and the Catskills. It consists of 36 acres, including: crop fields; wild blueberry stands; woodlots; a pond; a maze of old stone walls; an old rusty plough; wild turkeys, deer, hawks, squirrels; the occasional bear; multitudes of frogs and newts; Sneakers & Sandy the barncats; and the house, barn, and greenhouse. Download and start listening now!