Most people would agree that thoughtful behavior and common decency are in short supply or simply forgotten in hurried lives of emails, cellphones, and multitasking. In Choosing Civility, P. M. Forni identifies the twenty-five rules that are most essential in connecting effectively and happily with others. In clear, witty, and, well, civilized language, Forni shows how important it is to
- think twice before asking favors,
- give constructive criticism,
- refrain from idle complaints,
- respect others’ opinions,
- don’t shift responsibility and blame,
- care for your guests, and
- accept and give praise.
Finally, Forni provides examples of how to put each rule into practice in order to make life—and the lives of others—more enjoyable, companionable, and rewarding.
Choosing Civility is a simple, practical, perfectly measured, and quietly magical handbook on the lost art of civility and compassion. Download and start listening now!