A companion to the acclaimed film Bully, this audiobook brings the story of the documentary beyond the closing credits, continuing the national conversation inspired by the film. Personal anecdotes from prominent antibullying activists and celebrities alongside essays from renowned experts, authors, government officials, and educators offer powerful insights, resources, and concrete steps to combat the bullying epidemic. An essential part of any campaign to decrease bullying and increase empathy, the audiobook also follows the stories of the families featured in the film beyond the big screen, who contribute valuable advice on the timely topic of bullying in our nation. This guide is crucial for parents, educators, school administrators, and anyone who is committed to the thirteen million schoolchildren who will face bullying this year.
Download and start listening now!
- Mike Honda, US congressperson (D-Calif.), whose memories of World War II Japanese internment camps inspired a life of public service and a commitment to combat bullying;
- Amy McCready, founder of Positive Parenting Solutions, whose life’s work has been dedicated to helping parents and families;
- Dr. Robyn Silverman, child and teen development specialist, frequent expert appearing on national television shows;
- Marlo Thomas, actress and spokesperson for children, whose landmark Free to Be You and Me inspired a generation;
- James Wendorf, executive director of the National Center for Learning Disabilities (NCLD);
- Randi Weingarten, head of the American Federation of Teachers, who is making her union a major force for change in the effort to stamp out bullying.