A BBC Radio 4 comedy by Christopher Douglas ('Ed Reardon's Week') and Nicola Sanderson originally broadcast in October and November 2009. Beauty Olonga works as a carer for the Featherdown Agency and sees herself as an inspiration to other African girls hoping to achieve their goals in the land of semi-skimmed milk. We see Britain through her eyes - its overheated houses, its disappointing church services and its over-fondness for cauliflower cheese.
This complete first series contains the following episodes:
- 'Seagulls over Sue Ryder' - Beauty discovers the glories of Weston-super-Mare's charity shops and experiences the disappointment of her first British funeral.
- 'The Lord Lieutenant's Lady' - Beauty is caught between a warring couple, which is a good distraction from her disastrous crush on worship leader Wayne.
- 'Girl with a Polycotton Tabard' - Beauty wonders why so many British men get stuck in the emotional wilderness and find it hard to communicate with each other, as she deals with an elderly gentleman and his son.
- 'Pastor Dave' - Beauty is quite taken with the charismatic Pastor Dave, a visiting clergyman at Mrs Blanchard's local church, but is he the real deal?
- 'Colour Me Wow' - Beauty has a particularly difficult client, but is distracted by her latest business venture. Lynette assures Beauty that 'Colour Me Wow' is no pyramid scheme, while Anil shows a surprising new side to himself.
- 'Beauty and the Beast' - Beauty is looking after the elderly Mr Easterby, who has a new girlfriend and is behaving like a love-struck teenager.
- 'Beauty of Britain' stars Jocelyn Jee Esien as Beauty.
Also featured amongst the cast are Malcolm Tierney, Rosemary Leach, Anne Reid, Javone Prince, Pippa Haywood, Felicity Montagu, Geoffrey Palmer, Nicola Sanderson, Indira Joshi, Paul Sharma, Christopher Douglas and Dan Tetsell. With music by 'The West End Gospel Choir ... Download and start listening now!