The preeminent provider of business education worldwide, the American Management Association trains over 100,000 managers and executives a year through its renowned management education seminar programs and conferences. Now, for the first time, the fundamental skills taught by this elite leadership and management institution have been collected in one easy-to-digest volume.
Giving you an overview of exactly what the AMA considers to be the most important and powerful competencies for today's serious business professional, AMA Business Boot Camp supplies you with the building blocks of knowledge you need to succeed as a manager and leader. You'll learn how to:
- Communicate with purpose
- Motivate your people, increase morale, and enhance productivity
- Coach to boost performance
- Improve your ability to influence others
- Manage organizational change
- Plan and execute projects
- Think strategically
- Manage staff changes
- Conduct effective performance reviews
- Screen, evaluate, and select corporate strategies
- Understand your organization's operational vision...and make that vision a reality
- Leverage your own leadership style
- Build power and influence...and use them wisely
Filled with easy-to-apply techniques and tangible strategies, the book contains action tips to solidify learning, as well as valuable tools such as a coaching planning worksheet, a project management planning template, and a self-assessment to help determine your comfort level with delegation.
Throughout your career in business, you will have to navigate the waters of organizational politics. You will have to build relationships with difficult people. You will need to keep a tight focus on your mission, inspire and direct different groups of people, sell your projects to others, and come up with great ideas to save the day. Download and start listening now!