Ever since Stieg Larsson shone a light on the brilliance of Swedish crime writing with his acclaimed and bestselling Millennium trilogy, readers around the world have sought out and devoured the crime fiction of his countrymen (and women), many of whom have proved to be some of the greatest masters of the genre. In this landmark and unique publication, Sweden’s most distinguished and best-loved crime writers have contributed stories to an anthology that promises to thrill even the most jaded mystery reader.
Containing seventeen stories, all never before published in English, A Darker Shade of Sweden illuminates the shadow side of this beguiling country as never before, and promises to be among the most highly anticipated crime fiction of the season.
Download and start listening now!
- “Reunion” by Tove Alsterdal; read by Carol Monda
- “He Liked His Hair” by Rolf & Cilla Börjlind; read by Scott Brick
- “Never in Real Life” by Åke Edwardson; read by Adam Grupper
- “In Our Darkened House” by Inger Frimansson; read by Carol Monda
- “Paul’s Last Summer” by Eva Gabrielsson; read by Maggi-Meg Reed
- “The Ring” by Anna Jansson; read by Maggi-Meg Reed
- “The Mail Run” by Åsa Larsson; read by Adam Grupper
- “Brain Power” by Stieg Larsson; read by Edoardo Ballerini
- “An Unlikely Meeting” by Henning Mankell and Håkan Nesser; read by Scott Brick
- “An Alibi for Señor Benagas” by Magnus Montelius; read by Erik Bergmann
- “Something in His Eyes” by Dag Öhrlund; read by Maggi-Meg Reed
- “Day and Night My Keeper Be” by Malin Persson Giolito; read by Tavia Gilbert
- “The Multi-Millionaire” by Sjöwall and Per Wahlöö; read by Adam Grupper
- “Diary Braun” by Sara Stridsberg; read by Maggi-Meg Reed
- “Revenge of the Virgin” by Johan Theorin; read by Erik Bergmann
- “Maitreya” by Veronica von Schenck; read by Tavia Gilbert
- “Too Late Shall the Sinner Awaken” by Katarina Wennstam; read by Carol Monda