From the Civil War–era south to 1950s New York to the present day’s gritty cities and seemingly innocuous suburbs, the eighteen stories in this anthology edited by the award-winning mystery writer Harlan Coben chart the complications—always surprising, sometimes deadly—that arise between lovers, dear friends, and even complete strangers coming together for a single, shocking encounter.
In Lee Child’s “Safe Enough,” a blue-collar city boy takes up with a wealthy suburban wife, with dire consequences. In Harlan Coben’s “Entrapped,” a woman’s husband disappears and is replaced by a handsome impostor. In Laura Lippman’s “One True Love,” a high-end prostitute seeks a radical solution to a public relations problem. P. J. Parrish’s “One Shot,” a man returns to his childhood home to learn the truth about a long-ago tragedy.
Download and start listening now!
- “Queeny” by Ridley Pearson
- “Safe Enough” by Lee Child
- “The Home Front” by Charles Ardai
- “The Last Flight” by Brendan DuBois
- “Part Light, Part Memory” by Bonnie Hearn Hill
- “Blarney” by Steve Hockensmith
- “Heat Lightning” by William Kent Krueger
- “Till Death Do Us Part” by Tim Malleeny
- “The Cold, Hard Truth” by Rick McMahon
- “One Shot” by P. J. Parrish
- “Cyberdate.com” by Tom Savage
- “Home Coming” by Charles Todd
- “The Masseuse” by Tim Wohlforth
- “A Few Small Repairs” by Jeff Abbott
- “Chellini’s Solution” by Jim Fusilli
- “One true love” by Laura Lippman
- “Wifey” by R. L. Stine
- “Pushed or Was Fell” by Jay Brandon
- “Entrapped” by Harlan Coben