This CliffsNotes study guide on William Shakespeare's King Lear supplements the original literary work, giving you background information about the author, an introduction to the work, a graphical character map, critical commentaries, expanded glossaries, and a comprehensive index, all for you to use as an educational tool that will allow you to better understand the work. This study guide was written with the assumption that you have read King Lear. Reading a literary work doesn’t mean that you immediately grasp the major themes and devices used by the author; this study guide will help supplement you reading to be sure you get all you can from Shakespeare’s King Lear. CliffsNotes Review tests your comprehension of the original text and reinforces learning with questions and answers, practice projects, and more. For further information on William Shakespeare and King Lear, check out the CliffsNotes Resource Center at www.cliffsnotes.com.
IN THIS AUDIOBOOK
- Learn about the Life and Background of William Shakespeare
- Hear an Introduction to King Lear
- Explore themes, character development, and recurring images in the Critical Commentaries
- Learn new words from the Glossary at the end of each Chapter
- Examine in-depth Character Analyses
- Acquire an understanding of King Lear with Critical Essays
- Reinforce what you learn to further your study online at www.cliffsnotes.com
Download and start listening now!
"I read my mom's copy when she was studying King Lear in college before I read the play. Pretty handy in understanding the character's true motives and attitudes toward one another."
Ren (5 out of 5 stars)