The Writer's Conference Guide is designed to help writers reap the benefits from the time and money invested in a writer's conference in order to obtain optimal results. The strategies laid out are taken from our collective experience as authors, presenters, keynote speakers, and publishers. Our goal is to help every writer, published and unpublished, make their conference experiences the best they can be and achieve their career goals.
A writer's conference is a large investment in time and money, so it's certainly worth spending a little of that time and money beforehand to maximize your investment. We cover strategies for:
- How to find and pick the best conferences to meet your needs
- Tips on how to efficiently plan for the conference
- How to select the workshops that will benefit you the most
- How to socialize and mingle with those who can help your career
- Pitching techniques and tactics so you'll be prepared for the opportunity to discuss your book
- Finally, we go over an After Action Review and Follow-up so every conference you attend is a great success
Checklists are included along with practical tips that will make your conference experience a valuable success.
About the authors: New York Times best-selling author Bob Mayer and COO of Who Dares Wins Publishing Jen Talty provide you with over 35 years of experience at conferences, ranging from the Maui Writers to San Diego State to RWA National and ITW Thrillerfest. Large and small, this book will prepare you for all types of events and includes tips on how to pitch and network. Download and start listening now!