Where were you in the year of open doors? That's the question that Cargo Publishing asks as they release this unique short-story anthology and audiobook. The Year of Open Doors is an ambitious and innovative project comprising the best of Scotland's untapped talent in fiction writing. Edited by the esteemed author and Somerset Maugham prize-winner Rodge Glass, the collection promises to be the most exciting collaboration of its kind to come out of Scotland in decades - one that Irvine Welsh has already called a very important book...a genuine break-out collection that ignores tedious orthodoxy.
Driven by the desire to help emerging writers overcome major hurdles in getting their first book published, Cargo scoured the land for a crop of undiscovered talent before pulling the anthology together. The Year of Open Doors features debut stories from three new, unknown talents, supported by acclaimed and varied writers.
Complete Short Story Listing:
Download and start listening now!
- 1. Someday the Door Will Open - Ryan Van Winkle
- 2. United Solutions - Sophie Cooke
- 3. The End - Allan Wilson
- 4. Playground Rules - Doug Johnstone
- 5. Overnight Observation - Helen Lynch
- 6. Beefcake - Kirstin Innes
- 7. Here Wouldn't Be There - Duncan MacLean
- 8. Celebrity Gossip - Alan Bissett
- 9. The Astronaut - Jason Donald
- 10. Colin's Nation - Anneliese Mackintosh
- 11. The Donaldson Boy - Aidan Moffat
- 12. The Hostel In Junction Street - Kapka Kassabova
- 13. Where Things Are Happening - Micaela Maftei
- 14 A Snake Drinks Water And Makes Poison, A Cow Drinks Water And Makes Milk - Kevin MacNeil