Widely considered the best NFL quarterback of all time, Joe
Montana personifies performance excellence and personal integrity both on and
off the field. Yet the word most closely associated with him is not “winner”—it’s
“leader.” Since his retirement a decade ago, he has become a popular
motivational speaker sought out by corporations nationwide, speaking to
capacity audiences as large as twenty thousand.
Now making his message available to a broader audience,
Montana teams up with performance coach Tom Mitchell to extend to all areas of
life the truths of success on the field. The
Winning Spirit shows that ultimately performance excellence is fueled by
personal integrity. This is the key to winning the inner game, which is about
accountability and attitude, as well as desire, enthusiasm, effort, and
appreciation. For example:
- Know What You Want: First, identify goals, then turn clarity
- Strive for Excellence: Surpass expectations and reach new
- Fail Fast and Move On: Take chances, learn from mistakes,
and keep pressing forward–don’t let fear or regret take you out of the game.
- Remember the “I” in Team: Make yourself the priority—because
intense preparation is the individual responsibility of each member of the
- Welcome Pressure: Want to be the best? Work with or compete
against the best!
- Walk Like a Champ: Your life is not just about achieving
success, but also about having a purpose and creating significance.
With great stories and practical strategies, Joe Montana and
Tom Mitchell give us hard-won advice based on years of success. This timely and
timeless message is nothing less than a contemporary motivational classic.
Download and start listening now!