Infertility affects 15 per cent of couples trying for their first baby. It is a huge and complicated topic with lots of on-going research into it, and can be daunting to the non-medical person. To read an article in the paper about new technology, or horror stories about old, can cause great anxiety in an already stressful situation. The aim of this book is to explain the causes, tests and treatments for infertility, and to give couples a clear understanding of the processes that they will go through.
Topics covered include:
Download and start listening now!
- Conception and the process of implantation
- Infertility - definition and causes, both male and female
- Related problems - PCOS, recurrent miscarriage
- When to ask for help
- Tests and treatments
- Assisted reproductive technology
- Complementary therapies
- Lifestyle choices - how to boost fertility
- Psychological aspects