Wouldn't it be nice if we could just skip adolescence? You know, those terrible years from 12 to 20. I'm sure most parents - and many adolescents as well - are shouting YES! Well, unfortunately, we can't magically skip over these vital years. So there is nothing left to do but make the best of a bad situation. That's what this book is about: obtaining the information to make these years, as a parent or a teenager, as easy as possible and, dare I say, very enjoyable at times. The key is knowledge and an infinite amount of patience.
With a little bit of humor, plenty of understanding and 50 years of experience treating adolescents, child psychiatrist Calvin Colarusso, M.D. provides ideas and examples to smooth the way.
Think of this book as a survival tool for parents and a guide on how to manage your parents for adolescents.
Surviving Adolescence: A Roadmap for Teens and Their Parents provides understanding of inscrutable adolescent behavior and practical suggestions on what to do about mood swings, backtalk, disgusting bedrooms, sexual behavior, and dating.
Developmental concepts included are:
Download and start listening now!
- An understanding of the effects of puberty
- The meaning of adolescent withdrawal and secretiveness
- The need for continued parental involvement and limits
- The meaning of adolescent crushes
- When to allow dating
- The vital role of friendships
- Parental involvement in choosing a career
- Do's and don'ts for parents