This book is a collection of 17 practical meditation techniques that can help you quiet your mind and center yourself in the present moment. These techniques have evolved from years of experimentation, and rather than being theoretical or intellectual, they are purely existential and practical. They are easy, accessible, and work for a large cross-section of people. There are many misconceptions about meditation. Meditation isn't something you can do. Rather, meditation is the stoppage of all doing, thinking, projecting, or worrying. It is simply being - existing - in the present moment with total awareness and ease. Chances are, you've experienced moments of meditation in your life. Moments in which you witnessed your mind and body's functioning like a 3rd party observer. Moments in which you were completely present to your experience, taking it all in without interpretation. This witnessing may happen in the throes of an orgasm, or while playing a musical instrument, or while hiking in the woods.
Even if you only pick up two or three of these meditation techniques, you'll be light years ahead of the average person. You'll have some spiritual technology that you can use to reliably calm your mind, relax your body, and cultivate a deep awareness and sensitivity to life itself. Osho has said that meditation is the art of opening your eyes. Meditation is an act of courage, a gesture of awakening.
Here are some of the things you can expect from an honest foray into meditation:
- Your intelligence will grow and expand
- You will begin to think less about life and experience and live it more
- You will find yourself able to handle difficult situations in your life with more grace and acceptance
- You will become a much better listener
- You will begin to find tremendous joy and beauty in all things, big and small
- You will find your ego dissolving
- You will learn how to better let go of the past and ... Download and start listening now!