When L. Frank Baum introduced Dorothy and friends to the American public in 1900, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz became an instant, best-selling hit. Today the whimsical tale remains a cultural phenomenon that continues to spawn wildly popular books, movies, and musicals. Now, editors John Joseph Adams and Douglas Cohen have brought together leading fantasy writers such as Orson Scott Card and Jane Yolen to create the ultimate anthology for Oz fans.
- Frank Baum's son has the real experiences that his father later fictionalized in Orson Scott Card's Off to See the Emperor.
- Seanan McGuire's Emeralds to Emeralds, Dust to Dust finds Dorothy grown up, bitter, and still living in Oz. And she has a murder to solve assuming Ozma will stop interfering with her life long enough to let her do her job.
- In Blown Away, Jane Yolen asks: What if Toto was dead and stuffed, Ozma was a circus freak, and everything you thought you knew as Oz was really right here in Kansas?
- The Cobbler of Oz by Jonathan Maberry explores a Winged Monkey with wings too small to let her fly. Her only chance to change that rests with the Silver Slippers.
- Tad Williams's futuristic The Boy Detective of Oz, in which Orlando investigates the corrupt Oz simulation of the Otherland network.
- Dorothy and friends plotting to escape a mental hospital in Robin Wasserman's unsettling One Flew Over the Rainbow.
- An adventurous girl, drawn to China's revolutionary protests of 1919, discovering another dimension in Ken Liu's fanciful The Veiled Shanghai.
Some stories are dystopian'Some are dreamlike All are undeniably Oz.
Includes stories by these authors: Dale Bailey, Orson Scott Card, Rae Carson, David Farland, C.C. Finlay, Jeffrey Ford, Theodora Goss, Simon R. Green, Kat Howard, Ken Liu, Seanan McGuire, Jonathan Maberry, Rachel Swirsky, Robin Wasserman, Tad Williams, Jane Yolen. Download and start listening now!