This book is intended for purchase alongside Robert B. Cialdini's original book Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion.
Why did 38 neighbors in New York City observe a woman's cry for help yet fail to respond to her murder? How do Boy Scouts and Hare Krishnas capitalize on humans' automatic responses?
According to Robert B. Cialdini, PhD, author of the best-selling classic Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion, the answers lie in a basic understanding of human social behavior.
Influence in 30 minutes is the essential guide to understanding Cialdini's research in the psychology of everyday decision making.
- Learn how to defend yourself against manipulation techniques
- Discover how to harness the power of persuasion.
This 30 Minute Expert guide offers:
In Influence, Dr. Cialdini, a trailblazer in the field of influence and persuasion, has compiled over 35 years of evidence-based research to offer fundamental insights into the psychology of compliance. Through experimental studies and an immersion in the world of compliance professionals: politicians, fund-raisers, recruiters, advertisers, marketing professionals, and others. Cialdini presents a framework for understanding the world of persuasion.
- Practical applications for anyone interested in learning how to use the six weapons of influence to move others to say yes (or to learn to say no)
- Insights to how automatic responses leave you open to exploitation-for instance, the reason why you purchase a product only because it is available for a limited time
- Techniques for defending against manipulation tactics used by advertisers, salespeople, swindlers, or even friends and colleagues
- Intriguing case studies, a brief synopsis, and definitions of key terms
Offering practical knowledge for everyone from employees to consumers and professional salespeople, ... Download and start listening now!