We strongly encourage you to purchase the original book titled How Children Succeed: Grit, Curiosity, and the Hidden Power of Character. This is not that book, but a summarization from the 30-Minute Expert Series.
What does it take to raise happy, productive, and successful kids? More than you might imagine. How Children Succeed...in 30 Minutes is an introduction to the fascinating idea that the intangibles of character and grit interplay with the tangibles of reading, writing, and arithmetic to produce happy, well-adjusted kids.
In How Children Succeed...in 30 Minutes, you'll learn:
- Paul Tough's background, education, work history, and credentials
- Critical reception to the work, including key arguments by major publications and thought leaders
- Key concepts from the book, including the cognitive hypothesis, the power of character, and cultivating character
- Key takeaways from Tough's arguments and research
- Suggestions for applying Tough's theories in everyday life
- Definitions of key terms
- Conclusions gleaned from How Children Succeed
In his groundbreaking best seller, How Children Succeed: Grit, Curiosity, and the Hidden Power of Character, Paul Tough examines the research of neuroscientists, medical doctors, psychologists, educators, and economists to identify the qualities that lead to successful children and, ultimately, successful adults. How Children Succeed...in 30 Minutes is a concise guide that will inspire you to read How Children Succeed: Grit, Curiosity, and the Hidden Power of Character and to appreciate the power of character in both the lives of children and adults.
Tough illuminates the complex interaction of how hard skills learned in the classroom and soft skills, such as impulse control and curiosity, have an acute impact on a child's success. This book is a must-listen for parents, prospective pare... Download and start listening now!