The world of TV hosting has drastically changed over the past decade. Thanks to the proliferation of reality TV, there are more genres of shows to host than ever before. The days of having to live in a certain city or to have a certain look to succeed are gone. Still, the industry has been somewhat of a mystery to those seeking it. There is not, and there has never been, a solid, comprehensive resource to teach people how to get into hosting, what to expect, and how to develop their talents. Meanwhile, social media has become the new TV. As a result, with little or no financial investment, a person can become a host from their own home. This purpose of this book is to provide a step-by-step guide to learn the essential tools and resources needed to become a successful host in today's multimedia world.
- What a host is and what types of people are best suited to become one
- How to develop your talents to become a host
- How to market and brand yourself to get noticed by the right people
- How to get and agent and if you really need one
- The Do's and Don'ts of the audition process
- How to get started today
Host Your Own TV Show gives even the basic beginner the ability to combine industry knowledge and creativity to become more competitive in today's shifting media landscape. Download and start listening now!