Did you know that...
- Sea levels will rise for at least 1,000 years
- Shorelines will shift significantly by 2050
- Property values may start to decline this decade
Rising sea level is the most profound long-term aspect of climate change. Yet, the public is almost completely unaware of the magnitude of the problem. For three million years sea level regularly moved up and down almost 400 feet with the ice age cycles. Now, after 6,000 years of minimal change, we are entering a new era of rapid sea level rise. In clear, easy-to-understand language, this book explains:
Download and start listening now!
- The science behind sea level rise, plus the myths and partial truths used to confuse the issue
- The surprising forces that will cause sea level to rise for 1,000 years, as well as the possibility of catastrophic rise this century
- Why the devastating economic effects will not be limited to the coasts
- Why coastal property values will go underwater long before the land does, perhaps as early as this decade
- Five points of intelligent adaptation that can help individuals, businesses, and communities protect investments now and in the future