Life can be difficult, but prayer doesn't have to be...
Help, Thanks, Wow ...in 30 Minutes is the concise guide to understanding the three simple prayers outlined in Anne Lamott's best-selling book, Help, Thanks, Wow: The Three Essential Prayers.
Help, Thanks, Wow ...in 30 Minutes, includes:
- The three prayers vital to enduring hardship and experiencing a transformative sense of gratitude and wonder in the world
- Information about Anne Lamott's faith, spiritual journey, background, and other works
- Critical reception to the work, encompassing key arguments by major publications and thought leaders
- Examples and application for the three essential prayers: Help, thanks, and wow
- Suggestions for applying Lamott's theories in everyday life
- Definitions of key terms
- Conclusions gleaned from Help, Thanks, Wow
Help, Thanks, Wow, by best-selling author Anne Lamott, demystifies prayer, declaring that there are no rules - a higher power can be called anything, and people can believe in any religion they'd like (or none at all) and still pray. Dispelling common misconceptions about prayer, Lamott offers insightful wisdom and shares funny, heart-warming stories that convey the power of prayer in getting us through the day.
Prayer can take countless forms, but Lamott believes that it all boils down to three essential prayers: help, thanks, and wow. Help is an admission of powerlessness and a plea for assistance; thanks is a cry of gratitude; and wow is the experience of awe.
Help, Thanks, Wow is a thought-provoking spirituality guide for people of all faiths and creeds; Lamott's insights on faith and prayer offer inspiring knowledge and have practical application for anyone with the desire to turn to a higher power when asking for help, expressing thanks, and experiencing awe.
About the 30... Download and start listening now!