Ian Smith has inspired millions to lose weight - through his effective and best-selling diet books, The Fat Smash Diet, Extreme Fat Smash Diet, and The 4-Day Diet; through his outreach work on State Farm's 50 Million Pound Challenge; and through his numerous television and radio appearances and speaking engagements throughout the United States.
In counseling and motivating dieters - and in observing his feelings about his own life - Smith learned that while achieving hard-fought and worthy goals can help make a person happy, even these real and measurable achievements aren't what makes happiness stick. In Happy, he's discovered the keys to enduring contentment.
Happy simply and effectively explains how anyone can reach their own personal high-water mark of positive feelings. It's not euphoria Smith is after. He understands and explains the difference between the too-brief rush that comes from getting something you've wanted instead of becoming someone you want to be. In Happy, Smith motivates listeners to understand the behaviors and mind-sets that work and last, including:
- How to be optimistic
- Why optimism and realism are not opposites
- How to get outside yourself
- The importance of family and community
- Why involvement leads to contentment
- Shedding the treadmill mentality of getting and spending
- Tapping the power of simple pleasures
- How to be, not just to do
- Why changing from a scowl to a smile can have a deep impact
- Mastering modern life (from competition to technology) to live in the moment
- How to alter your happiness set point
A life-changing book from one of America's most compelling and trusted voices, Happy delivers what its title promises. Download and start listening now!