Tantor Media presents a collection of some of the most popular Christmas stories read by award-winning narrators Renée Raudman and Alan Sklar. This special anthology will transport listeners back to the Christmases of their youth, when they first heard these holiday tales. From “‘Twas the Night Before Christmas,” Clement C. Moore’s classic depiction of St. Nicholas at work, to O. Henry’s “The Gift of the Magi,” which embodies the very spirit of Christmas, Favorite Stories of Christmas Past has something for everyone. Also included is Francis Church’s moving editorial response to a little girl’s Christmastime query, “Yes, Virginia, There Is a Santa Clause,” as well as seven other Christmas classics that can be heard and shared year after year.
The classics that can be found in Favorite Stories of Christmas Past are:
Download and start listening now!
- “‘Twas the Night Before Christmas” by Clement C. Moore
- “The Story of Christmas” by Nora A. Smith
- “A Country Christmas” by Louisa May Alcott
- “An Empty Purse” by Sarah Orne Jewett
- “The Bachelor’s Christmas” by Robert Grant
- “The Fir Tree” by Hans Christian Andersen
- “The Birds’ Christmas Carol” by Kate Douglas Wiggin
- “Yes, Virginia, There Is a Santa Claus” by Francis Church
- “The Festival of St. Nicholas” by Mary Mapes Dodge
- “The Gift of the Magi” by O. Henry