Have you ever been annoyed by cell-phone yakkers, line cutters, or movie chatters? Been confused about who pays at a restaurant? Received a gift you hated? Fumed over how to respond to a nosy question? America's etiquette expert Peggy Post comes to the rescue in this concise handbook devoted to the top 100 etiquette issues everyone wonders about. You'll learn how to politely say no to difficult requests, how to introduce someone if you've forgotten his or her name, how to perform damage control for e-mail bloopers, and countless other strategies for handling life's awkward moments.
Additional highlights include:
- Ten Conversational Blunders
- Five Introduction Goofs
- Top Dinner-Table Manners Goofs
- Tipping Guidelines
- A Family Gathering Survival Guide
- How to Spot a Dud on the First Date
- Play-date Etiquette
- How to Be a Welcome Houseguest
- How to Simplify Gift Giving
- Dispelling Wedding Myths, and much more.
In Excuse Me, But I Was Next, Peggy Post distills the essence of etiquette for today's world into the perfect portable audiobook. Download and start listening now!